Home Field Sports Medicine Minute
- Dr. Greg Hartman, an orthopedic surgeon, answers questions and talks to students during multiple procedures throughout the day on Friday, January 29 at Aspen Surgery Center in Simi Valley as a part of National Job Shadow Day.
Patient Education Links
- Calf Stretching Exercises
- Cortisone Injections
- Heel Pain
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Knee Pain - Arthritis
- Knee Pain - Kneecap
- Knee Pain - Torn Cartilage
- NSAIDS - Non-Steroidal, Anti-Inflammatory Drugs
- Shoulder Arthroscopic Surgery
- Shoulder Pain
- Basic Anatomy of the Foot: A very comprehensive discussion of the components of the musculoskeletal system, the anatomy of the foot, and the terminology applied to foot motion and function.
- The Biomechanics of Walking: A very comprehensive discussion of the mechanics and terminology of normal walking.
- Common Foot Biomechanical Problems: A discussion of some foot problems which may be benefitted by orthotics, with good illustrations and descriptions of the problems and associated symptoms. Note that there may be other causes of some of these problems and therefore debate as to whether orthotics would be of benefit.
- The Five Most Common Abnormal Foot Types: A very technical discussion of the most common types of foot mechanical abnormalities and a listing (not a description or illustration) of the types of clinical problems which these might cause. If you are an engineer, you'll love it!
Physical Therapy Links
- Performbetter.com - Physical Therapy equipment and products.
- Earthworksclimbing.com - To learn to rock climb and strengthen your body.
- Community Memorial Hospital
- Simi Valley Hospital
- Los Robles Regional Medical Center
- St. John's Regional Medical Center
- Ojai Valley Hospital
- American Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Society Patient Education - The American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society (AOFAS) is an organization of more than 1,600 orthopedic surgeons who have special interest and training in the foot and ankle.
- California Orthopedic Association - The Home page of the COA was formed in 1975 by a group of orthopedic surgeons who felt the need for an organization to address the political and economic problems that were impacting musculoskeletal care. Its primary focus is on state and federal legislation/regulatory issues and working with third party entities that are developing clinical practice guidelines.
- American Medical Association - Founded more than 150 years ago, AMA's strategic agenda remains rooted in our historic commitment to standards, ethics, excellence in medical education and practice, and advocacy on behalf of the medical profession and the patients it serves.
- American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons - The Home page of the AAOS is your source for the latest legislative, educational, healthcare policy, and research information. The site includes the by-laws and position papers of the AAOS, and the latest federal and state laws enacted that pertain to the practice of orthopedics and medicine.
- Orthopedic Research Society - This site provides information about the organization's mission and fall newsletter, the annual meeting, and access to the table of contents for past and current issues of the Journal of Orthopedic Research, through which the musculoskeletal community communicates the current state of orthopedic research.
- Orthopedics Today - Current and back issues of Orthopedics Today written for orthopedic surgeons. Site includes breaking news, specialty forums, online seminars, and a shopping mall that lists product information and a venue for contacting the manufacturer with questions.
- Arthroscopy Association of North America - The AANA Web site provides support services for members, including a member directory, description of the annual meeting, and other instructional courses that offer CME. Scholarships and fellowships available are listed. You can learn about the latest in arthroscopy research by searching lectures presented at previous AANA meetings.
- Footmaxx.com - The company which developed the computer-based system which can measure foot pressures which occur during walking. This information can then be used for the analysis of the best type and actual cad-cam manufacture of shoe inlay orthoses, commonly referred to as orthotics. Included are very comprehensive discussions of the components of the musculoskeletal system, the anatomy of the foot, the terminology applied to foot motion, foot mechanical function and some information on conditions which might respond to orthotics.
- The Ventura County web cam - Check Out what is going on in Ventura!
- The Ventura County Web Site - Local news, business, sports, weather and entertainment for Ventura County.
- Living Here Magazine - An owner's manual to life in Ventura County. We hope you'll like it and use it to experience the county on your own.